Board of Trustees Minutes
MARCH 18, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD REGULAR MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING AND PUPLIC HEARING
MARCH 16, 2016
Members Present: Duane Brooks, Bruce Zalobsky, Cindy Olson, JoAnn Michal, Rick Harland
Members Absent: Dennis Long, Monica Ashton
Others Present: Doug Baum, Eric Podjaske, representing the City of Grayling.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 p.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for February 2016 (No action required): Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, Attorney Report, GFD Report are on file.
3. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of February 17, 2016, as presented. Ayes, five; Nayes, none; Absent, two. Motion carried.
4. Treasurer’s Report for February 2016 was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Supervisor reported progress of Arauco, CCEDP and Utility Authority.
6. Citizens Who wish to speak: Doug Baum, City manager: New Fire Truck will be in service March 21st replacing the truck that was in the accident. Insurance did cover the loss.
Hopefullly bridge over river (downtown) will be open to public by July 4, 2016.
7. Motion by Michal, second by Olson, to maintain Rick Harland as Grayling Township’s Representative on the Crawford County Planning Commission. Ayes, five; Nays, None; Absent, two. Motion carried.
8. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 13513 through 13548 and liquor inspections of $80.00, for a grand total of $125,167.41. Ayes, five; Nays, none; Absent, two. Motion carried.
9. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to adjourn regular meeting and open scheduled Public Hearing regarding 2016-17 Fiscal Year Budgets. Ayes, five; Nays, none; Absent, two. Motion carried.
10. PUBLIC HEARING
2016-17 F.Y. BUDGETS
Supervisor opened the FY 2016-17 Grayling Charter Township Budgets Public Hearing at 10:15 a.m.
The purpose of the hearing is to received and review public comment regarding the FY 2016-17 proposed Budgets for the General Fund, Township Improvement Fund, and the Liquor Law Enforcement Fund.
Supervisor provided an overview of Department activities and proposed salaries. Proposed budgets were available to the public. Board reviewed proposed budgets. (See Attachments)
There was no public comment.
Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to close the public hearing. Ayes, five; Nays, none; Absent, two. Motion carried.
Minutes recorded by Cindy Olson in absence of the Clerk.
Monica Ashton, CMC
Grayling Charter Township Clerk