Board of Trustees Minutes
JULY 20, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
JULY 20, 2016
Members Present: Bruce Zalobsky, Duane Brooks, JoAnn Michal, Cindy Olson, Monica Ashton, Dennis Long, Rick Harland.
Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Jason Thompson, Mike Ingalls, Bob Dixon, Tim Murphy, Robert Gallagher.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports (no action required): Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, Attorney Report, GFD Activity Report, Building Dept Report.
3. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of June 15, 2016, as presented. All ayes, motion carried.
4. Jason Thompson introduced himself as candidate for 46th Circuit Court Judge.
5. Tim Murphy, Breakfast Point resident, discussed difficulty of brush disposal at AJD Forest Products. Access not suitable for two wheel drive vehicles. Supervisor will approach AJD concerning improved access.
6. Treasurerís Report for June 2016 was reviewed and placed on file.
7. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to recess regular meeting and open PUBLIC HEARINGS regarding the necessity of continuation of various Special Assessment Districts for Private Road Maintenance. All ayes, motion carried.
8. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. S. Horseshoe Trail Private Road Maintenance Special Assessment District. Bid had increased $700.00 over last period. Bid is $4,000.00 plus 1%spread between 18 parcels over five years.
Robert Gallagher asked number of property owners in district? Eighteen parcels. There may be owners with more than one parcel. No correspondence.
B. Sandy Trail Private Road Maintenance S.A.D. Bid has increased $1,000.00 over last period. Bid is $6,000.00 plus 1% spread over five years. No correspondence, no public comment.
C. Ken-Mar Estates Private Road Maintenance S.A.D. Bid has increased $2200.00 over last period. Bid is $10,500.00 plus 1% spread over five years. No correspondence. No public comment.
Supervisor noted that, if the Board determines there is a necessity to continue the Private Road Maintenance Special Assessment Districts, there will be a second public hearing to review and consider for approval the Special Assessment Roll.
9. Motion by Brooks, Second by Zalobsky, to close public hearings regarding Private Road Maintenance S.A.Dís and re-convene regular meeting. All ayes, motion carried.
10. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, that subsequent to public hearings, it has been determined that there is a necessity to continue the S. Horseshoe Trail, Sandy Trail and Ken-Mar Estates Private Road Maintenance Special Assessment Districts. A second public hearing will be scheduled to review and consider for approval the Special Assessment Rolls for the three Districts. All ayes, motion carried.
11. Supervisor noted that the Beaver Creek-Grayling Township Utilitary Authority Payback Agreement is in place.
12. Kirtland Community College at Four Mile Road is hoping to be open for the fall semester.
13. Motion by Long, second by Olson, to approve forty acres in the M.O.U. off Four Mile Road for a large trucking company project. All ayes, motion carried.
14. Recycling Update: Only Grayling Township property owners and residents will be able to recycle at the Transfer Station beginning August 1, 2016.
15. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 13846 through 13881 and liquor inspections of $80.00, for a grand total of $107,855.23. All ayes, motion carried.
16. Motion to adjourn by Brooks, second by Michal. All ayes, motion carried.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C.
Grayling Charter Township Clerk