Board of Trustees Minutes
AUGUST 17, 2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES
>p<GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
REGULAR MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
AUGUST 17, 2016
Members Present: Rick Harland, Dennis Long, Monica Ashton, Cindy Olson, JoAnn Michal, Bruce Zalobsky, Duane Brooks.
Members Absent: None.
Others Present: Pat & Bob Gallagher, Tom Selbig, Jim & Donna Reese, Lonnie Stevens, Mike Stevens, Marc Dedenbach, Mike Ingalls, Bob Dixon.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports(no action required): Animal Control Report, Central Dispatch Report, Attorney Report, GFD Activity Report, Building Dept Report.
3. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of July 20, 2016, as presented. All ayes, motion carried.
4. Treasurerís Report for July was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Building Department Report: Dixon reported that the Kirtland Community College project on Four Mile Road should have their Occupancy Permit by August 22, 2016. DTE Energy project on W. North Down River Road has begun.
6. Citizens Who Wish to Speak: Tom Selbig, Wilderness Trail, asked how to appeal taxes and special assessments? Supervisor and Board members provided answers.
7. Motion by Brooks, second by Long, to recess regular meeting and go directly to Public Hearings for Private Road Maintenance Special Assessment Districts. All ayes, motion carried.
8. PUBLIC HEARING
SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICTS FOR PRIVATE ROAD MAINTENANCE
Supervisor opened the PUBLIC HEARING to receive and review public comment regarding the SPECIAL ASSESSMENT ROLLS FOR KEN-MAR ESTATES, S. HORSESHOE TRAIL AND SANDY TRAIL PRIVATE ROAD MAINTENANCE SPECIAL ASSESSMENT DISTRICTS.
Jim Reese, Ken-Mar Estates new property owner, asked to have the S.A.D. process explained. Supervisor explained. He, also, asked about grading. Been too dry.
Robert Gallagher commented they were satisfied with maintenance of S. Horseshoe Trail.
There were no further comments from citizens present or correspondence on file.
These are five year assessments. All participants received letters with details of the special assessment costs.
Supervisor Harland closed the public hearing.
9. Motion by Long, second by Zalobsky, to close public hearing and return to regular agenda. All ayes, motion carried.
10. Supervisor noted the previous public hearings were conducted to review the assessment roll which will become effective December 1, 2016, if approved by the Township Board.
11. Motion by Long, second by Michal, to approve the Special Assessment Roll for Ken-Mar Estates Private Road Maintenance (snowplowing and grading). The amount will be $10,605.00 per year spread over 66 parcels for five years. $160.69 per parcel per year. All ayes, motion carried.
12. Motion by Long, second by Brooks, to approve the Special Assessment Roll for South Horseshoe Trail Private Road Maintenance (snowplowing and grading). The amount will be $4,040.00 per year spread over 18 parcels for five years. $224.45 per year per parcel. All ayes, motion carried.
13. Motion by Long, second by Brooks, to approve the Special Assessment Roll for Sandy Trail Private Road Maintenance (snowplowing and grading). The amount will be $6,060.00 per year spread over 51 parcels. $137.73 per each adjoining parcel and $68.87 for each non-adjoining parcel. All ayes, motion carried.
14. Supervisor provided updates on various projects. ARAUCO, CCEDP, Recycling.
15. Discussion regarding recycling fees and service. Recycling fee to be on winter tax bills expected to be $12.00.
16. Mike Ingalls reported that the Warner Drive blight case has been to court. Owners have a September 11, 2016 cleanup deadline.
17. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 13889, 13928 thru 13959, Fire Dept Const Loan Qtly Pmt, and Liquor Inspections for a grand total of $54,072.43. All ayes, motion carried.
18. Motion to adjourn by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, carried. All ayes.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C.
Grayling Charter Township Clerk