Board of Trustees Minutes
OCTOBER 19,2016 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES REGULAR MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
OCTOBER 19, 2016
Members Present: JoAnn Michal, Bruce Zalobsky, Rick Harland, Cindy Olson, Duane Brooks, Monica Ashton.
Members Absent: Dennis Long.
Others Present: Mark Allen of K.C.C., Tom Steffen, Kacey Polisky of ACD.net, Heidi Farmer, Angela Hemple, Mike Ingalls, Bob Dixon.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for September (No action required): Animal Contol Report, Central Dispatch Report, Attorney Report, GFD Activity Report, Building Dept Report.
3. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of September 21, 2016, as presented. Ayes, 6; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Treasurer’s Report for September was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Bob Dixon answered questions regarding current construction projects and volume of permits this season.
6. Citizens Who Wish To Speak: Angela Hemple, 829 Richardson Road, voiced concern over noise from an unapproved sawmill on Richardson Road. The Planning Commission will be addressing the sawmill owner’s request for a Special Use Permit after a Public Hearing to be held on October 26, 2016. (Note: This case was withdrawn prior to 10-26-16).
7. Tom Steffen, Downtown Development Authority, introduced himself and invited interested persons to volunteer for several committees.
8. Motion by Cindy Olson, Second by JoAnn Michal, that the application from Kirtland Community College for a Tavern License and permit for a Banquet Facility, to be located at 4800 W Four Mile Road, Grayling, be recommended for approval by the Michigan Liquor Control Commission. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried. (See attachment “A”)
9. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to authorize Supervisor to write a letter of interest and support for HOME proposal from Crawford County. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried. (See attachment “B”)
10. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Michal, to adopt Public Act 69 of 2005 Recycling Service Plan for Crawford County for 2016/17 Fiscal year ending June 30, 2017. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
11. Motion by Brooks, second by Michal, to adopt Resolution to Comply- Public Act 152 of 2011, Publicly Funded Health Insurance Contribution Act for 2017. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried. (See attachment “D”)
12. Motion by Zalobsky, second by Olson, to adopt Resolution Supporting Crawford County Road Commission (CCRC) Four Mile Road Improvement Project. (#10-19-16). Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried. (See attachment ”E”)
13. Motion by Olson, second by Ashton, to approve Metro Act Right of Way Telecommunications Application and Permit for DANS/Small Cell infrastructure pursuant to FCC Order 14-153 and Metro Act Determination No 1. The applicant is KEPS Technologies, Inc. dba ACD.net, 1800 North Grand River Ave, Lansing, MI 48906. This motion also approves a 35 foot high pole on Kerry Street. Approval by airport authorities may extend the height to 37 feet. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried. (See attachment “F”)
14. Motion by Olson, second by Brooks, to recommend the appointment of Lacey Stephan III to the Crawford County Planning Commission as a representative of Grayling Charter Township. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
15. The Grayling Charter Township Annual Audit for Fiscal Year 2015-16 was completed in September and copies are on file in the clerk’s office.
16. Supervisor updated the Board on Arauco Project and CCEDP, UA, and MEDC activities.
17. Motion by Brooks, second by Zalobsky, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 14094 thru 14149 and liquor inspections of $80.00, for a grand total of $112,696.71. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
18. Motion to adjourn by Brooks, carried at 11:35 a.m. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one.
Monica Ashton, C.M.C
Grayling Charter Township Clerk