Board of Trustees Minutes
SEPTEMBER 20,2017 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP REGULAR MEETING
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP BOARD
SEPTEMBER 20, 2017
Members Present: Duane Brooks, Dennis Long, Rick Harland, Cindy Olson, Claudia Selthoffer, Monica Ashton.
Members Absent: JoAnn Michal
Others Present: Lacey Stephan, Mike Ingalls, Diane Giska, Ann McMillan, Mike Houserman.
1. Supervisor Harland called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m.
2. Correspondence and Reports for August (No action required): Animal Control, Central Dispatch, Attorney, GFD Activity Report, Building Dept. Report.
3. Motion by Selthoffer, second by Brooks, to approve minutes of August 16, 2017, as presented. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
4. Treasurer’s Report for August was reviewed and placed on file.
5. Citizens Who Wish To Speak: Ann McMillan thanked Mike Ingalls and Rick Harland for progress on blight in Sherwood Forest. Also, brought cases of unlicensed vehicles and a dilapidated green house in the Subdivision to the Board’s attention. Residents concerned of falling property values due to PFOS water contamination.
6. Motion by Brooks, second by Olson, to renew Township’s liability & property damage insurance for 10-1-17 thru 9-30-18 with Michigan Township Participating Plan/ Municipal Underwriters of Michigan. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
7. Motion by Brooks, second by Long, to accept the proposal of Edward VanderVries for all assessment services for all real and personal property at the ARAUCO Plant for the 2018 Assessment Roll with an optional renewal for annual assessment updates of the plant. See attachment “A”). Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
8. Motion by Long, second by Brooks, to approve Grand Traverse Diesel Service, Inc., to proceed in process of purchasing thirty acres in the Industrial Development Park from the State of Michigan. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
9. PFOS contamination update: Testing area has been expanded to the East Branch of the AuSable River. Discussion of water & sewer possibilities for residential areas.
10. Sherwood Forest and Robert Road Paving Projects with Attorneys.
11. Four Mile Water and Sewer Project may not extend under I-75 as originally proposed due to the decision of C.F. Fick & Sons to not participate.
12. Motion by Brooks, second by Long, to approve payment of claims on vouchers 597 thru626 and liquor inspections of $120.00 for a grand total of $85,917.33. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one. Motion carried.
13. Motion to adjourn by Olson, carried. Ayes, six; Nays, none; Absent, one.
Monica Ashton, Grayling Charter Township Clerk