Planning Commission Minutes
JUNE 28, 2017 PLANNING COMISSION MINUTES
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP
PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES
JUNE 28, 2017
1. 7:05 meeting called to order by Chair Gosnell.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present – Gosnell, Michal, Cox, and Dedenbach
Absent - Robson
Also present – Ryan Halstead, Kelly Leng, Denise Cline, Bob Dixon and Rick Harland as recording secretary.
4. Motion by Dedenbach support by Cox to approve minutes from May 19, 2017. Four, ayes. One absent. Motion carried.
5. Close regular meeting. Open public hearing.
6. Case # 17-03SU SP Special
Use and Site Plan
Petitioner: Ryan Halstead
900 Richardson Rd.
Grayling, MI 49738
Property address: 4391 W M72 HWY
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID#: 040-41-017-02-080-00
Location: Sec. 17, T26N, R3W
Zoning: C-2 Heavy Commercial
Lot size: 6.69 acres + or -
Request: Requesting a special use permit to operate a firewood process business with outside storage for wholesale, occasional use of mobile firewood processor, front end loader and skid steer. Also requesting a site plan review for same as required by Article XIX section 19.01 to 19.03.
Non-conformances: Legal non-conforming, if any
Zoning justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Article IX, Section 9.03 – 9.04
Ryan Halstead gave a very brief explanation.
Board asked questions and they were answered.
No other comments.
Closed public hearing. Opened regular meeting.
Board discussed request, very familiar with case, third time requested at different locations.
Board received site plan. Asked questions.
Motion by Dedenbach support by Michal to approve request and site plan.
Roll call vote:
Dedenbach - Aye
Michal – Aye
Gosnell – Aye
Robson – Absent
7. Motion by Michal support Dedenbach to close regular meeting and open regular meeting for work shop. Four ayes, one absent. Motion carried.
8. Work shop with Denise Cline on ordinances.