Zoning Board Minutes
JULY 17, 2017 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
1. 7:02 meeting called to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present Cox, French, J. Zalobsky, L. Stephan
Absent K. Olson
Also present Shirley Schmoock & Rick Harland as recording secretary.
4. Motion by Cox support by L. Stephan to approve minutes with corrections on pg. 3 from March 20, 2017. Four ayes. One absent. Motion carried.
5. Chair explains the formation, powers and duties of the zoning board of appeals and the public procedure to be followed. Four members were present. Chair explains that a majority of three votes is needed to take action. Variances are granted to the property, not to the owner. Chair reads 125.3606 MCL concerning appeals. An appeal under this section shall be filed within 30 days after the zoning board of appeals certifies its decision in writing or approves the minutes of its decision. Appeals of zoning decisions are made in circuit court.
6. Basic Conditions: Motion by Cox support by J. Zalobsky that all basic conditions have been met. Four ayes. One absent. Motion carried.
Special Conditions: Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky that at least one of the special conditions has been met 2B. Four ayes. One absent. Motion carried.
Administrative Standards: Motion by J. Zalobsky support by Cox administrative standards have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Chair reads case:
Case # 17-04 Request for variance
Petitioner: Shirley & Norm Schmoock
Address : 1489 S. AuSable Trl
Grayling, MI 49738
Local Address: Same
Property ID # 040-42-011-04-160-00
Location: Sec. 1, T26N, R4W
Zoning: NRD Natural River District
Lot size: 1.4 acres + or
Request: Requesting a front variance from the river of approximately 195 to construct a boardwalk style stairway from the front of the house down to near the rivers edge to access an existing sod dock on the river.
Non-conformances: Existing Legal-nonconformances.
Zoning Justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Sec, 16 &17.01
Petitioner Shirley Schmoock explained details of request.
Discussion by board.
Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky to approve as presented. (work sheets on file)
Roll call vote:
K. Olson Absent
French - Aye
J. Zalobsky Aye
L.Stephan Aye Motion carried
7. 7:39 pm motion by L. Stephan support by Cox to adjourn. Four ayes. One absent. Motion carried.