Zoning Board Minutes
FEBRUARY 20, 2017 GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
GRAYLING CHARTER TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
FEBRUARY 20, 2017
1. 7:00 meeting called to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance.
3. Roll call:
Present – Cox, French, J. Zalobsky, L. Stephan and K. Olson.
Also present – Mary and Ken Clark & Rick Harland as recording secretary.
4. Motion by Olson support by J. Zalobsky to approve minutes from December 19, 2016. All ayes. Motion carried.
5. Chair explains the formation, powers and duties of the zoning board of appeals and the public procedure to be followed. All members were present. Chair explains that a majority of three votes is needed to take action. Variances are granted to the property, not to the owner. Chair reads 125.3606 MCL concerning appeals. An appeal under this section shall be filed within 30 days after the zoning board of appeals certifies its decision in writing or approves the minutes of its decision. Appeals of zoning decisions are made in circuit court.
6. Basic Conditions: Motion by J. Zalobsky support by Cox that all four basic conditions have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
Special Conditions: Motion by K. Olson support by L. Stephan that at least one of the special conditions has been met 2A & B. All ayes. Motion carried.
Administrative Standards: Motion by L. Stephan support by J. Zalobsky administrative standards have been met. All ayes. Motion carried.
7. Chair reads case:
Case # 17-01 Request for variance
Petitioner: Mary F. Clark &Kenneth L. Clark
Address : 10660 Stoney Point Dr.
South Lyon, MI 48178
Local Address: 5094 Lindberg Lane
Grayling, MI 49738
Property ID # 040-40-012-10-002-00
Location: Sec. 12, T26N, R3W
Zoning: NRD Natural River District
Lot size: 16.7 acres + or –
Request: Requesting a variance of 160’ from the river (front) to replace the existing home with a 45’ X 54’ home and a 100’ variance to replace an existing garage with a 28’ X 32’ garage.
Non-conformances: Existing Legal-non conformances. House set back and garage set back.
Zoning justification: Ordinance 2010-02, Sec, 16.05 B
Petitioner Ken & Mary Clark explain reason for request in detail.
With much wind damage and trees blown over the foundation of the home is damaged. The
damage would cost more to repair than tear down and rebuild
No other audience. No comment from DNR.
Motion by Cox support by L. Stephan to approve as presented. (work sheets on file)
Roll call vote:
K. Olson – Aye
Cox – Aye
French - -Aye
J. Zalobsky – Aye
L.Stephan – Aye
8. Motion by L. Stephan support by Cox to adjourn. All ayes. Meeting ends 7:50 p.m.